Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In search of the elusive Monarch. . .

A couple of mornings ago, I drove out to Kettle Cove in Cape Elizabeth, to try to find the last of the Monarch Butterflies before they head off to parts Western.  One of my fondest dreams is to someday see their wintering grounds in Mexico or California, where they cluster so thickly on the tree trunks it looks as though the trunks are blossoming.  I had a great time, however, haring around after 15-20 of these beauties as they flitted from cluster to cluster of New England Aster. 

9 comments:

fighterjock said...

Beautiful Cindy, Once again proving that luck happens most often to the skilled. So sad that the once plentiful butterflies are a victime of our own voracious progress.

Unknown said...

Thanks Guy! Yes, it is sad that the butterflies aren't as plentiful. . . We're kind of stupid sometimes, we humans. . .

Unknown said...

Lovely shots, Cindy.BTW,are you going to order the K5?

Jim

Unknown said...

'Lovely images,Cindy.BTW, are you going to order the K5?

Jim

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jim! I'm hoping to order it, but probably not until the price has dropped significantly. How about you?

Unknown said...

awesome Cynthia... I love me some Butterflies...

Unknown said...

Thanks Frank! Ditto here!

Unknown said...

Cindy,If either the AF or high ISO performance are significantly better than with the K-7 (I have the K20D)I'll probably go for it, assuming the IQ remains the same or better.

Unknown said...

Ditto here, James--but I will definitely be waiting until it climbs down from its brand-new price tag, I'm afraid. . .

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store