Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Walking Tour of Castine, Maine

Last week, my mother, my daughter and I walked around historic Castine, ME before having lunch at a great little place oddly called "Bah's Bakehouse."
One of the first things that caught my eye, was this rusty old bike, recycled as a planter box:

Across the street from that, this formal garden, complete with a Native American sculpture by famous Maine sculptor, Jud Hartman:
A little ways up the street from that was the Pentagoet Inn:
And then we walked onto another street and found the Castine Yacht Club:

It wasn't a very pretty day unfortunately, but the view must be just incredible when it's sunny. I loved this shady sideyard with a view of Castine Harbor, too:

Thanks for looking as always! Cheers, Cindy

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store