Monday, July 14, 2008

A Visit to the Boothbay Harbor Region, Saturday

Painted Ladies, I think. . .
Mom and I went to the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay Harbor, Maine on Saturday, July 12, 2008. First, we had a trip to a wonderful pottery school called Watershed, in Edgecomb, where we attended a benefit lunch called salad days, where you could buy an amazing handmade plate by an artist and then have a delicious, homecooked and put together buffet lunch of salads and side dishes.

The two butterflies above were the only butterflies I saw all day at the gardens, which was strange, considering I was surrounded by flowers all day!
There was an English Cottage-style garden, which was really cheery. . .
There was also a beautiful water garden, where I saw these amazingly deep-pink water lilies. I could hear frogs croaking and leaping around, but I never saw one because there were these two little girls who were trying to catch them!
I also loved the fairy house woods, where I found this lovely little rock sculpture sitting on a boulder with the nicely blurred background of the evergreens.
And just as I was lining up the shot to take this beautiful clump of lavender, this bumblebee ambled in and landed on one of the flowers.
A lot of fun and it was a beautiful day besides--just the right temperature. Cheers, Cindy







No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store