Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inside Portland Head Light

Many of you have seen my shots of the exterior of Cape Elizabeth's beautiful Portland Head Light.  This morning, I was lucky enough to be allowed to take photos INSIDE the column of the lighthouse, looking up the ancient metal spiral staircase.  This is an HDR--a high dynamic range photo composite of three separate photos, taken to showcase the best of the highlights, midtones and shadows in the scene.  It looks dizzying to me, and that is just how it felt! 

I had been warned that I wasn't allowed to climb the staircase to the top, and I have to say I was sorely tempted to give it a whirl, but it was so overwhelming looking that I decided to stick to the ground! 

You can click on either of the images to view them larger.  Please feel free at any time to share my blog posts or websites with any of your friends and family, and I encourage you to become a friend on facebook as well by clicking the Like button on the right side of my page.  We photographers need all the support we can get! 

Thanks for looking!  Cindy

6 comments:

Maureen said...

WOW! dizzying is the word alright! excellent shot - I gasped when I saw it.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I hope as you make a name for yourself you will be given more and more opportunities like this.

It is very gratifying to be permitted to take pictures where you would not ordinarily be permitted.

And you get to perform a valuable service to those who are not in a position to see the sites (and sights) you are permitted to see.

Unknown said...

Thanks Nik! I hope I get a lot more opportunities to do things like this too. It was really a great experience. . .

Unknown said...

Thanks Maureen! I gasped when I went into the stairwell--it is really just so amazing to see. . .

Unknown said...

The picture was amazing and then I increased its size and gasped at the dimension!

Terri Coop said...

Beautiful work! Question for you, did you ever resolve your issue with those "Sir Cooper" printing people. I am deep in it right now and am going over all the online complaints I can find. If you'd like to chat, email me at circlexranch@sbcglobal.net. I see comments are moderated, so please feel free to delete this post. Still, your work is gorgeous.

Terri Coop

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store