Monday, March 22, 2010

Maine State House Rotunda Revisited

Last Friday morning, I met my good friend, Bruce, another Pentax shooter, in Augusta at the beautiful Maine State House for a photo trip.  I have been interested in trying out my ultra-wide 12-24mm lens in the same places I previously used my kit 18-55mm lens and I wasn't disappointed.

Altogether, I have found that I need far less shots to create stunning panoramas and the results are crisp and clean, with very low noise, compared to my kit lens.

We had a lot of fun taking pictures and having "photo-chat" as we went from area to area.  You can click on any of the pictures to see a larger version and then pres the back button to return to the post.

The first picture is a 12 image horizontal panorama of the Rotunda itself, and my favorite of the day.  The second is the Maine Senate Chambers.  The third piece is a a single shot of the Rotunda upstairs.  The final shot is a four image panoramic view of one of the hallways leading up to the entrance to the Rotunda, where one can look up through three floors and see the beautiful dome above.

After that, we had a delicious lunch at Slate's Restaurant in Hallowell, Maine, and back home to process all the photos!

I'd love to hear what you think about my work at any time.  Thanks for looking, Cindy

2 comments:

Nikhil said...

Cindy, I think you do a great job on these types of architectural shoots. It takes a good eye to compose an interior shot well, not everyone can do it.

With your landscapes, food photography and architecture photography you have quite a skill set.

Maybe you should start tackling portraiture next for a challenge.

Unknown said...

Thanks Nik! I am actually doing a bit of portraiture, yes--and it has been an interesting thing to learn!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store