Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New panoramic views of Merrill Auditorium

Merrill Auditorium, City Hall, Portland, Maine.  Taken at 12mm and stitched together using Photoshop CS4.

This morning, I went to Portland's beautiful Merrill Auditorium in City Hall and spent almost an hour making four panoramas of two different views of this elegant theater.  I'm really fond of the angles they were taken from.  I think they show the architectural details very nicely.  (Thanks go to Gregg Carville, Merrill Auditorium's Technical Director, for letting me in again!)

One of these two photos will be in the 70 page architectural photography book I am in the process of designing.  I've titled it The Space Within, after a quote by Frank Lloyd Wright:  "The space within becomes the reality of the building."

The book will be completed when I come back from my February trip to Washington, D.C. where I will be lucky enough to photograph the Library of Congress.

Once I put the finishing touches on the book, I'll make a post about it with a link to the site I'll be selling it on, Lulu.com.  I'm really excited to hold the first copy in my hands!

Thanks for looking, Cindy

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

That is beautiful Cindy! How awesome for you that you can get access to those buildings!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lloyd! Yes, I am very lucky to have so many nice people who allow me access, that's for sure!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store