Friday, January 9, 2009

Lovely Lane Methodist Church Panoramas

I put in a small teaser picture of this pano in my last post, and here is the finished panorama. It took 54 images (about 13 across and stacked three levels high.) Unfortunately, as you'll see in the thumbnail below the first one includes the entire panorama, there are slight stitching errors all along the balcony I was standing on to take the pictures. So I had to crop the bottom off to make it "perfect."
If you click on it, it will take you to a much larger, more viewable version.


Here is the link for the larger version on my smugmug site so you can see the entire thing, stitching errors and all: http://cfwphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/5866691_ErXx7/1/#451315657_xhZjE-A-LB

You can see Lovely Lane's website here: http://www.lovelylane.net/ . They are located at 2200 St. Paul Street in Baltimore--what a incredibly beautiful church it is and there is a smaller chapel with an equally interesting look behind it that hasn't been restored yet. I was told that many people come to photograph the church and I'm sure you can see why.

The painted sky ceiling is absolutely jaw-dropping, much more awe-inspiring in person, I can tell you. And sound carries amazingly well in the church. There is a waiting hush when you're in there that makes you reluctant to speak above a whisper. When I was setting up my tripod, I could hear the clicks echo back to me crisply each time. Hope you like the panoramas. I'd love to hear what you think!

Thanks for looking, Cindy

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store