Thursday, May 15, 2008

More splashes and a new self-portrait. . .

Still trying to get the crispest splash photos possible in my quest to become an istockphoto provider at some point. This high speed experiment has been a real learning experience, I'll tell you. (if you click on the pictures, they will open into a large view.)






These were shot at f/16, ISO 200, and this time, set up my shoot with the martini glass standing on two bricks with a white dropcloth covering them and the picnic table to reduce shadowing on the bottom of the glass, which is what I got when I shot with the glass atop the dark wood alone. It really paid off--the first shot is my favorite.

What I encountered with istockphoto the other day when I uploaded 3 of the former images was this: rejected, due to overfiltering. . . (cue the funeral dirge!) In doing some research and with the handy advice of a fellow Pentaxian on the dPreview Pentax SLR discussion group, I discovered just what I was doing wrong in Photoshop CS2. I was really booping up the shadows in camera raw, as well as adding quantities of 50% in the luminance smoothing, color denoising and sharpening categories, which basically is overprocessing for istock. They want minimal denoising, no sharpening and the right exposure every time. . .

Not so much to ask, you say? Well, it's easier said than done, but I'm learning! I'll keep you posted (literally!)

Also, as a last point of debatable interest: take notice of my new self-portrait, taken yesterday in the back yard for my upcoming show this summer at Terrell Lester's Deer Isle, ME gallery!

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store