Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Tulips than a field in Holland. . .

Okay, okay. . . I'll admit it. I'm obsessed. . . I love shooting tulips, and I'll shout it from the rooftops. The first ones, I call "Martha's Tulips," because I was trying for an effect I sometimes see in Martha Stewart Living Magazine: soft, gauzy and high-key, with only one element in focus.

I radically over-exposed this one in bright sunlight, on the deck of my mother's house this past weekend. I like how it looks more like a watercolor than an actual picture.


These two have a different effect: I de-saturated them quite a bit and added a silver-gelatin film effect.

And this one was taken last week, with over-exposure in mind. People seem to have mixed feelings about it, but I like it quite well. My mother and I have done a piece together--my photo (above) printed on watercolor paper and her encaustic painting technique. (She painted beeswax paint onto the painting and adding highlights of gold rub to the picture selectively and added a small piece of text from a very old book of poetry to the bottom right.) It looks great and I wish I had thought to take a picture of IT when I was up visiting on Saturday or Sunday last week. Oh well. . . We're putting it in an art show in Deer Isle soon and of course, like any piece of art, it may or may not sell, so I may be able to post a picture of it here eventually.

Well, that's all for today. Hope you liked my continuing tulip obsession. Thanks for looking, Cindy

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store