Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lit from Above. . . Tulips in the Spotlight

Yesterday I had a brainwave: I figured out how to light the beautiful tulips that were sitting in a vase on my kitchen table from above and take dramatic pictures of them. At least I hope you'll find them as dramatic as I did. (I almost dropped my camera, I was so excited to download them!)


To do this, I set up my incredibly expensive "studio." Prepare to be underwhelmed:
Yes, it consists of a contractor's light with a daylight bulb, a piece of black stretch-velvet, two thumb tacks and a mister bottle. I think all told, it probably cost me about $12.00. You, too, can get "professional results" with a cheap "studio!" Well, it works for me. . . I'd love to hear what you think of these new photos. Thanks for looking, Cindy

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

They look very nice Cindy, could you post larger images? It is hard to see the detail I like to see with what you got.

I was thinking of a similar setup the next time I get some flowers. I got my Sigma 17-70 from nznhut today. I think I am going to have fun with that. You can focus so close it is just sick!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lloyd! Wish I could post larger images, but Blogspot doesn't allow it. Either that, or I haven't figured it out, which is entirely possible too! lol!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store