Friday, February 27, 2009

Photographing Yo Yo Ma. . .

Last night, I had the privilege of listening to Yo Yo Ma and his cello seranade me with beautiful J.S. Bach songs for an hour and a half before the post-concert reception put on by PCA Great Performances at Merrill Auditorium in Portland, Maine. The concert itself was transcendent. I had been quite nervous before I got to the auditorium, hoping that I would be able to take good pictures, but the concert was such a meditative, blissful experience, that I was very calm by the end of it and ready to take some great pictures. The next two pictures were actually taken by my friend Kate Boughton-Hummel, the graphic designer for PCA Great Performances, and the first one (at the heading of the post) was taken with my camera, but by Suzanne Nance, the wonderful host of MPBN's morning classical show. She's pictured below in the first of the two pictures. This isn't the most flattering picture of me, but not many ever are, and I wanted to show myself actually talking to the man, the myth, the legend: Yo Yo Ma. He really is such a sweet, kind and congenial man. He instantly puts people (including myself) at ease.
I have a bunch of other, better pictures, but as Portland Magazine will be using 5 of them in the upcoming April issue, I can't share them until April 1st, after the magazine has been published. But I will definitely share them at that point! Thanks for looking, Cindy

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store