Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Departure from my Ordinary. . .

Great Egret, taking off the Boulevard in Back Bay 9.13.2011
Audubon Frog
Audubon Frog 2
Yesterday, after getting all of my work done, I decided to drive to the Gilsland Farm Audubon Center in Falmouth, Maine.  As I was driving around the Boulevard, I noticed a tall, slim white bird standing motionless in the sea grass just beyond the road. 

As many of you know, Nature photography, unless it stands still (ie: landscapes!) is not my forte, so this was really a departure from the ordinary to be able to capture images of a bird in flight--I was very happy! 

And then, I went to Audubon and got some nice shots of the frogs that live in the little pond there.  They very obligingly sat still on their lily pads and posed for me. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of the Summer weather. 

Cindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. Love the way you got the bird and frog. I have never been close enough to a frog to get shot like that. Wonderful

Prof. Jake Trexel

Cynthia M. Thayer said...

Very cool to see you shoot wildlife, Cindy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Cynthia!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jake!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store