Thursday, July 16, 2009

Portland Magazine's July/August 2009 Issue is out!

I wish I could lay claim to this beautiful cover, but I'm afraid it isn't mine. . . But the two drink shots in the center of the Table of Contents and the sailing photo on the right side are mine. They are the teaser to the article below, about the Winter Harbor 21s, a fleet of 100+ year old sailboats at the Winter Harbor Yacht Club that I photographed last August 2008. In an upcoming post, I intend to post all of those pictures here, but for now, these will have to do.
This is a beautiful kitchen in a Portland penthouse that I had the good fortune to photograph in panoramic form last month. It would be so much fun to cook a meal in, and even more fun to then sit at their beautiful table and look out at true panoramic views of Portland and Portland Harbor.
Also last month, I got to meet Louise Frechette, the proprietor of L.A. Frechette Gallery in Kennebunkport, Maine. She's not only a fabulous painter of the most absolutely luminous and bewitching paintings, but a gracious and kind hostess. She made me feel so welcome while I was there photographing her, her wonderful paintings and her gallery.
And finally, the heading for the article with the splash shots! The first one, I did last year, trying to figure out how to do high speed photography of fruit dropping into martini glasses. And when I gave them to Portland Magazine to look at, the publisher wondered if I could do a blueberry splash shot as well, to grace this article, which I did! I like it even better than the strawberry one.
Thanks for looking everyone! Cindy
PS: You can click on a link see Portland Magazine's website on the right side of my blog in the menus of links and blogs I like.

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store