Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some recent shots I've been working on. . .

I was pleased with how this shot of lemons in a bowl came out. It got into istockphoto last week, which was cool. New shots keep trickling in to my gallery there. . .
I like this shot of the eggs. It makes me very happy. It reminds me of something one might see in a Martha Stewart Living Magazine article about organized cooking. I like the soft, natural lighting and the asymmetry of the whole thing that somehow brings it together.

I bought a huge 11x14" picture frame at JoAnn Fabric last weekend on clearance for $4.95 so I could have the large sheet of clear glass at my disposal to create shots like the ones above! I love the reflection look. . .
I got really interested in taking the "perfect" shot of slices of lemon floating in bubbly water recently. I haven't gotten it where I want it yet, but I will continue to work at it. What I need is better lighting, I'm afraid, as I already "have the technology," to create the shot, but not the light needed to backlight the slices enough to make them translucent while also showing a larger part of a glass, indeed maybe even a large chunk of the glass. This is because I am using cheesy contractors' lights, shining them directly on the glass, and if I were to open the shot any wider, you would see my truly amateurish lighting setup!

No comments:

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store