Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I've got a sweet tooth. . .

This was an enormously delicious chocolate mousse tartlett served in a dark chocolate "cup." I liked the way the birthday candles looked in it.
Both of these confections were made by the European Bakery on Route One in Falmouth, Maine: http://www.europeanbakeryinc.com/Welcome.html And they were delicious!
Shot with my Pentax K20D and the Pentax SMC-FA 50mm f/1.4 lens that does such a nice job. I shot the one below using my grandmother's delicate green Depression glass set. I like how the color of the kiwis are echoed by the dishes. . . By the way, this is a fruit tartlett with slices of strawberry, kiwi, half-grapes and dark cherries, on a "bed" of sweet cream cheese mousse. Yum. . .

Ah, the simple life. . .
Hope you enjoyed the shots as much as I enjoyed taking them (and eating the subjects later!)

Cindy

4 comments:

Frank M. said...

Truly delicious photos! Were these taken with natural light?

Cynthia Farr-Weinfeld said...

Thanks Frank! Yes, all of my food photography (so far) is done with natural lighting--more due to the fact that I have had to learn to work with NOT being able to afford expensive lighting, than out of any particular nobility on my part!--lol!

Lloyd said...

Nice series Cindy! I have to say that the green in the plate and cup distracted me severely.... but that could just be a personal problem too!!!!

Really liking your recent food binge.... that doesn't sound right... sigh.... Anyway, I have been enjoying it a lot. Every time I try it my 3 year old keeps stealing the food while my back is turned. Will keep trying!!

Cynthia Farr-Weinfeld said...

Thanks Lloyd! People seem to be split down the middle as to whether they like the Depression glass or not--I like it mostly b/c it was my grandmother's and I feel a connection to her when I use it and I have always wanted to photograph it on some level. . . But yes, I have been having fun with the food photography! Cindy

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store