Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dunegrass Sunset, Ferry Beach, Maine

Dungrass Sunset
Fishing at sun set, Ferry Beach
Fishing Boat at sunset, Ferry Beach
Sunset Boys at Ferry Beach

A couple of weeks ago, I hadn't had the camera in my hands for, well, a couple of weeks.  That is always very disconcerting to me, so seeing that it was a pretty early evening in July, I raced out to Ferry Beach in Scarborough.  The top picture of the dunegrass was my favorite shot of the evening, but it was just a beautiful early evening: balmy, soft air, quiet on the beach despite lots of people out enjoying the water, air and sun, seagulls wheeling around, a man fishing in hip-deep water, small boys playing in the sand.

 It's always amazing to me that I can drive a short 15 minutes and be at a place this beautiful, like Ferry Beach.  And there are so many places like it within short driving distances from my house.  It's nights like that that make me feel so lucky to live in Maine. 

You can see these photos and many more of Ferry Beach here.

2 comments:

LaRee Brownell said...

Ferry Beach Maine looks like a place to put on my bucket list. It is beautiful and you are fortunate to be so close. Thank you for sharing a bit of it with me on the other side of the country. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Laree! Yes indeedy--Ferry Beach is one of those pretty places!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store