Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pemaquid Point Light, Bristol, Maine




And at last, twilight, looking towards the other direction.  The sun had set about 15 minutes ago at this point. . .
Jon and I met up with Bruce Bartrug and his wife, Michele, for dinner in Mid-Coast Maine last Saturday night.  We had a lot of fun and then headed up Route 130 to Pemaquid Point Light in Bristol, Maine.  I just love the rock formations here.  Of course a couple of days later, a friend posted another view of the lighthouse that I hadn't dared to do because Pemaquid Point is famous for rogue waves that have swept people right off the rocks, but his shot was gorgeous.  Maybe someday I will be adventurous enough, but for now, I am quite happy with what I got.  

You can see all of these and many other lighthouses, land and seascapes on my website.

Thanks for looking,

Cindy

5 comments:

Bruce said...

We went down Rte 130, not up :). And when down by the big "bread loaf" rock we were more than close enough to get swept out to sea, so you're more adventurous than you suspect :).

Great photos, as usual !!

BAB

Bruce said...

When down by the big "bread loaf" rock, we were close enough to get swept out to sea, so you're already adventurous! Great photos, as usual!!

BAB

Lloyd said...

Love the character in the rock, very well chosen vantage point.

Dishy said...

Absolutely stunning shots, Cindy - as usual!

Unknown said...

Thanks Bruce, Lloyd and Christy!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store