Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The last of the great tulip photos. . .

Magic Carpet. . .
Field of Dreams. . .
These shots were both taken in Portland's triangle park, near USM's law library with my FA 50mm f/1.4 lens. The first was taken with extremely shallow depth of field (DOF: or a very wide open lens, which creates the out of focus blur in the background) and the second taken with more depth of field at f/8.0 to show more of the tulips in focus, just for kicks and giggles. But what a beautiful sight they were however in or out of focus they were! My favorite is the first one. It rained the entire day heavily, and when we had a break in the weather, I drove to the park to try and salvage the day to at least get two good photos!

Thanks for looking, as always. Enjoy the day, Cindy

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

Do like the colors Cindy, the first is striking with the flowers fading off into the distance in a blur.

I completely missed any and all tulip shots this year, too windy, darn things wouldn't stand still.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lloyd! I almost missed all the tulip shots this year too, because I was really sick with a head cold and an ear infection for the last two weeks and barely dragged myself out--in addition to the fact that it was raining much of the time the tulips were blooming--this was a short break in the weather that made me rush out!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store