Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fireworks and a weekend on Sebago Lake. . .

We had a great time on 4th of July, watching the fireworks with my cousin and her family. I set up my tripod and used my Pentax 50-200 mm zoom at 200 mm. I set up the focus before it got entirely dark and set the camera on manual focus so I wouldn't lose it. Then when the fireworks started, I tried a few different exposure times, but settled on the best being 8 seconds at f/11, ISO 100. I have wanted to try photographing fireworks for a while, but rain always interceded before this year!


The next day, we went to my cousin's family's camp on Sebago lake and I got a few nice pictures, my favorite being this one, which was taken about 30 minutes after sunset.
This is Maya and her cousin, embracing the beautiful sunset:
And here, at last, is the sunset itself, zoomed up on at 200 mm, looking out across St. Eiboh's Cove to the opposite shore:
I hope everyone else had a lovely fourth of July weekend!

1 comment:

NorthStar Vintage said...

These are so beautiful - I love the light in Maine in the summer!

Cindy

Cindy
welcome to my world!

Blog Archive

cfw photography store